Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Hijacking

I have lost command of my legs. The dog now has control. He has hijacked my lap.

It's weird, but true.

See, the dog LOVES being in someone's lap. Yes, indeed making him a lap dog. Not something I ever thought I would have. I mean, it's one thing to seek the affection of being in a lap, and then moving on, but this is beyond a desire for him. It has become an obsession.

Anytime I am on the couch, the dog is on my lap to some degree or another. Usually under a blanket. If there is a blanket available and it is not covering his face, he will burrow under until it is. But some part of him will always be on my lap.

Every now and again I will shove him off on His Boy "take your dog please, I can't feel my foot", but at some point or another he weasels his way back over. Now, let's say I need to get up for some reason, to get a drink, to pee, to do anything else..... the dog will stay in my lap until the very last second. I have dropped him on the floor on numerous occasions as a result.

That is dedication.

As cute as this all sounds, and admittedly there is a degree of charm to this, it can also be really annoying. My range of motion is restricted constantly, portions of my legs fall asleep on a fairly regular basis, getting comfortable is amended by working around where the dog will end up, and if he will stay there. This is far from the traditional "its been a long day, I'm gonna get comfy on the couch for little while and just relax" state of affairs I'm used to. The moment I go to sit on the couch, a little firecracker has jumped up, and is at the ready for The Lap to become available for him.

what I wouldn't give for just a few moments of getting into position on my own first. Without tangling with a tiny, yet very determined, creature. One would say- 'He's so small, just move him!" which makes sense, but does not work, I've tried. I'll move him and before I'm even done with recoiling my arm back, he's already put himself back where he wanted to be. I told you he was determined.

So, as it stands, I have completely been Lap Hijacked. Someone else has taken control, unauthorized, and I am just along for the ride at this point.




No comments:

Post a Comment