Friday, January 7, 2011

Crimes continue into the new year

So, things have been insanely busy over the past couple of months, and quite frankly, the dogs have had to settle for fitting into the picture instead of being the focus of it. These times happen, and the dogs have adjusted pretty well, all things considered. Until the other day....

Part of what has been keeping us busy is we bought a house. We're prepping to move in this month (so again, regular updates may not be happening as much as I'd like) and we started bringing the dogs over to the empty house to get them acclimated to it before we just walk them in and go "get used to it!" On our first visit to the new house, within 30 minutes of being there, Piper peed on the ONE CARPET in the entire house.

*head*desk* Really?

Oh, and this happened not 5 minutes after my husband had unknowingly stepped in poo in the yard and dragged it into same said carpet.

So within 30 minutes of being homeowners we had shit and pee in the one carpet we'd purchased.
Right
Awesome

We cleaned it up, and wrote Piper's choice to pee off to the smell of the previous owners dogs. Odie hadn't been taken off leash long enough to give him the chance to do the same. I had figured the boy dog would be the culprit and kept him tight to me.... who knew Girl dogs would be just as territorial?
(did I mention I've never had a girl dog before?)

Knowing that room would be a problem, we closed it off to the dogs the next couple of times we took them by. Until last night when we were showing some friends the new place, we go into that room and within 45 SECONDS Piper's squatting to pee again. Fortunately, I had my eye on her this time and caught her before more then a drip came out.

Damn dogs! I can't have nice things!

Rug Doctor is now on my speed dial and will be helping us out with this problem.



Meanwhile- Shelter adventures are continuing. as soon as I get more time to get in there, I'll have more updates from the incarcerated. Look forward to those adventures- cause there's always something going on

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment